U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in America® have named Bluestein Attorneys as one of the top law firms in three practice areas in the Columbia area in the 2023 edition of their “Best Law Firms” listing.
This marks the firm’s 13th year to receive the distinction recognizing the top firms in the community. Bluestein Attorneys was named to Tier 1 in these three practice areas:
· Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
· Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
· Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants
To be eligible for a recognition, law firms must have at least one lawyer included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the same year. In August, Bluestein Attorneys had three partners on the list for Columbia. With the practice areas in which they were named, they were:
· Margaret Miles Bluestein: Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants
· Clarke Newton: Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs and Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
· Allison Sullivan: Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants
This was the fifth year in a row that all three had been included.
Best Lawyers in America is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States. Based on confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is advertisement-free and no fee is required to be included. All attorneys in the publication are subject to peer review within both their practice areas and their cities.
Once a firm is eligible, clients and colleagues evaluate it on key factors including knowledge, responsiveness, integrity and cost effectiveness. Attorneys are also asked whether they consider the firm to be a worthy competitor. The data is then compiled to determine final rankings in Best Law Firms in America. For more information, see https://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/methodology.aspx.