Have You Been Denied Wages For Work You Performed?

The payment of wages in exchange for work is governed by both federal and state laws and regulations. If you have not been fully paid for the work you have done, you may be able to recover those lost wages by working with a legal representative who has experience in wage payment disputes.

You may be able to file a claim for unpaid wages if your employer has:

  • Refused to pay you the legal minimum wage
  • Denied you pay for break times as stipulated by law
  • Has refused to allow you take breaks as required by law
  • Has forced you to work “off the clock”
  • Has refused to pay for time you need to put on or remove safety or other essential work-related gear or uniforms
  • Has refused to grant you payment in exchange for accrued vacation time that you have not taken (if required by law)
  • Has not paid you the premium overtime pay for hours worked over the legal straight-hour maximum (over 40 hours in a workweek under federal law)
  • Has refused pay for travel time during the workday that is related to work

Most of these claims seem simple on the surface, but they are rarely clear-cut. Individuals who work for tips or who receive commissions are not always entitled to the same minimum wage as other types of workers, and not all travel time is legally required to be compensated.

Bluestein Attorneys is here to help with wage payment disputes.

What Should You Do If Your Employer Has Withheld Your Wages?

If you believe you have not received wages that you should have been paid, it’s important to schedule a consultation with a legal representative to take a look at the details and gain a better understanding of how federal employment regulations and South Carolina employment law affect your unique situation.

At Bluestein Attorneys, we provide free initial consultations with individuals facing wage payment disputes, allowing an individual facing a wage payment dispute to become fully informed as to their legal options and what next steps may be best for them.

Facing a Wage Payment Dispute? Bluestein Attorneys is Here to Help.

To request your free consultation with Bluestein Attorneys regarding your wage payment dispute, give us a call at (803) 779-7599 or just fill out the form.